Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Thank you to those of you who attended the District 14 meeting las week.
A recap of the topics discussed:
1. The Chief and Assistant Chief have asked to meet in August to discuss next years rotations and station assignments.
2. Next years rotations will be completed in a joint session with the chief.
3. Bidding for shift rotations will follow as outlined in the current union contract
4. We will be meeting next week to discuss firefighter physical and annual fitness testing.
5. Collier County Commissioners voted in the June to hold an October workshop to put together a legislative packet for consolidating Collier EMS and Fire Districts into one Emergency Service Department. The vote was unanimous to meet for the purpose of consolidation. This does not guarantee a consolidation, but puts all the players in one room with the intent of developing a true plan over the next two years.
6. Station living conditions were reviewed and such items as refrigerator replacements, privacy partitions’ and station sleeping quarters.
7. March 2018 contract article reopener was reviewed for a possible article to reopen
8. Workers Comp was reviewed and the union will be looking into ways to equalize pay when an employee is injured in the line of duty.
Greg Pacter, DVP District 14